Sunday, April 30, 2006

The "Do" in "Do What Thou Wilt" - Revisited


A few months back I in my The "Do" in "Do What Thou Wilt" entry, I spoke of working some techniques into my ritual to banish certain indecisive or apathetic sides of my personality. The whole object of magick is to harness one's powers, integrate the self, and to steer one's life consciously, to manifest one's Will.

Since then I have done a lot of thought and research about my post-grad work and the University prospects for me after graduation. History is saturated, and now after years of study I still can't say I've found a period I truly want to immerse myself in and make my specialty.

After soul searcing I relized my Classics minior is what I've always felt passionate about, only I let the extra post-grad language requirement of Ancient Greek hold me back. The study of Rome and Greece, especially Rome is what gets me off.

I make an appointment with my Classics advisor, and lo and behold: I only need one more classice class to graduate with that degree as well this year! What a wonderful example of the "Every man and woman is a Star" concept. With all the plotting and planning I've done to meet the degree requirements for History, my natural tendencies, or "my natural orbit" drew me towards fulfilling my degree requirements for Classics.

Since I've declared the major everything has just clicked into place, I feel like I have just stepped into a river whose current is strong, and is taking me where I want to go. Whereas, up to this time I have felt like I am swimming against the current with an unsure destination. This is the results of the seeds I have been planting, of my ritual, and the self-discovery which is blossoming as a result of that.

Hadit travels in his natural orbit within Nuit, it is the balance of these two micro/macrocosmic pricipals with brings about the child, or manifestation.
...None, breathed the light, faint & faery, of the stars, and two.

For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union.

This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as nothing, and the joy of dissolution all.

For these fools of men and their woes care not thou at all! They feel little; what is, is balanced by weak joys; but ye are my chosen ones. Liber AL vel Legis: 28-31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home