Sunday, January 08, 2006

Introduction


Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law, Love is the Law, Love under Will...

I am an initiate of the Thelemic Golden Dawn, Frater Prima Materia is my magickal motto. I am presently a neophyte and was initiated less than one month ago on the Winter solstice. I was born with my Sun in Aries, Moon in Leo, and Libra as my ascendant. I am very fiery, but also prone to very powerful shifting emotions, as my natal chart shows.

Thelema, (Greek for Will), is a Western Hermetic tradition founded by Aleister Crowley,
and based on the Book of the Law, (with old and new commentary). Organized religion never did it for me, and my attraction to Hermetic Qabalah was rooted in its comprehensiveness, subjectivity, and practicality. My attraction to Thelema was at first the fascinating, though at times dark, character of Aleister Crowley, but ultimately its celebration of the individual, and theme of Liberation is what won my loyalty.

My reasons for starting this blog are twofold: a) Anything that gives me reason to analyze my experiences and evolution is an asset, and b) I courted the Western Hermetic mysteries for over a decade before I underwent formal initiation, and I would have been grateful for anyone sharing their perceptions of the path of initiation. I am regarding this blog as a sort of online magickal diary. I do not plan to go back and change entries, but this profile/introduction will be an ongoing work, as will the graphics, links and so on.

I am not a master, adept, holy-man, the Grand Pooba, or any other such lofty title. I am searching for the light switch like anyone else might be. Any of my entries are a reflection of where I'm at in my present stage of initiation. I hope any of you who read along with me find something worth while here. Pretentious-eye-rolling-know-it-all-occultists, should write/read their own blog, and remember: I did not click on you... Anyone wishing to exchange information, experiences, observations and the like can email me at primamateria93@gmail.com. "Quit the darkness, and seek the light."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home