Saturday, January 21, 2006

The "Do" in "Do What Thou Wilt"


It is so easy to slip into the theoretical/philosophical side of magick. Our tradition is so dense with information, and individual interpretations of both the information and the tradition itself, that it's very easy to spiral into academic Crowleyism. Of course, information is necessary as a foundation for its practical application, so a balance must be struck.

While doing my ritual this week I questioned whether I am living my path, along side what I'm doing in my temple. Now is time to practically apply the tenets of Thelema to my life, as well as my ritual work. I have been working a job I hate while in college. There's a lot of responsibility, and it totally clashes with my academic demands. My will is to be an educator, that is what I'm working towards. Why am I letting fear and convenience keep me doing something that has nothing to do with my greater will?

I am now using my temple work to manifest my will in my greater life. I do my LBRP, Then I form an image of this fearful/slave self, which is allowing me to be manipulated by drives other than my will. I turn North, to the quarter of Fire (in the four winds ritual), fix the image in my forehead, and do the sign of the enterer, or attacker in this case, and when my hands reach my forehead I violently cast this image into the fires of the southern quarter and watch it dissolve.
In my daily life I began to search for alternatives. Now, in less than a week, I have obtained jobs working for my University tutoring, and teaching for a school which employs the Direct Instruction system. This is the true nature of magick, and the asset of practicing Thelema. There should be a constant checking in with myself as to whether I am being true to my will, and higher self. If I'm not, the task is to discover, acknowledge and manifest that will.
Nosce te ipsum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home